FOR SALE $12,999
“Ruby” Custom 1972 Norton Commando Interstate MkV 750
From our builder, Sean McKenna: “We are small shop so when it comes to fabricating it gets a bit challenging. The bike needed exhaust and turn signal brackets which we created in house. The major work was correcting the oil leaks, this is an old bike that needed some TLC. All seals were replaced, the carbs were cleaned and all wiring and cables gone through and replaced. Our builds thus far have had more of a sporty feel, so for this bike we had to change some things. Updating the bars, seat and the paint scheme turned this cruiser into a much sportier bike. It’s extremely comfortable to ride and it sounds great. I’ve always loved Norton and I’m thrilled how this turned out”
Email email@example.com if interested
Photos by @MichaelSpainSmith
More about the build
Imperial Moto acquired the donor bike from a collector in Reno, Nevada in early 2016. It was painted in an olive green and need some love. Our builder Sean McKenna took it upon himself to completely redo the bike and fix all mechanical issues. Now the bike is as good as new and looks even perfect. This bike bares the Imperial logo and is the 3rd build for our Miami brand. 1972 Norton Commando Interstate MkV 750 CC engine built on a 1975 frame.
- Completely rebuilt motor and transmission.
- The tach and speedo were rebuilt.
- New rims with stainless spokes.
- New Interstate pipes.
- New custom seat.
- New headlight shell with trucklite bulb.
- New three phase alternator.
- Custom front and rear turn led turn signals.
- Upgraded bars.
- Upgraded mirrors.
- Updated grips.
- BSA taillight.
- New tires.
- The fuel tank was lined.
- New forsa air assist rear shocks.
- Front drum brake hub installed (cause its cool).
- New seat knobs.
- New ignition capacitator.
- New engine oiler line.
- New air filter.
- All seals replaced in primary case.
- Painted in rat rod satin black and ruby red pearl.
- Pipes wrapped in a titanium.